Thursday 17 January 2013

Pregnancy week 1 - 16

This is going to a bit of a ramble as I have a bit of catching up to do but my aim from now on is to do a weekly pregnancy round up. I have borrowed the questionnaire that Anna Saconne Joly used (someone that I love!).

How far along? This is just a round up of weeks 1 - 16

Total weight gain/measurements: I am not entirely sure as I haven't weighed or measure myself recently but I was around 10st 4lbs to begin with and then at my 12 week scan I had actually lost 5lbs. I put this down to the horrible morning sickness and loss of appetite I had suffered!

Maternity clothes: Still fitting in to my jeans at the moment although they are starting to get a bit snug!

Stretch marks: none so far!

Sleep: Sleep has been up and down - for the first few weeks I just couldn't get comfy - I was shattered but just couldn't sleep. I was however absolutely shattered - I felt like I had a constant hangover and just couldn't get the energy to get off the couch! It has got better but now my sleep is broken by a toddler trying to climb in bed!

Best moment this week: Best week out if week 1 - 16 was definitely getting to see the wee bambino at the 12 week scan. We got to see so much and for some reason I was much more aware that I had been with Rosie!

Miss anything? Weeks 7 - 15 I just missed not having to be sick!

Movement: A few wee flutters around week 13/14

Food cravings: I have had quite a few, mostly to do with ice such as ice pops and ice lollies etc

Anything making you queasy or sick? Plenty! Up until week 14 I couldn't really cook without heaving, brushing my teeth made me sick as did a lot of strong smells.

Gender: No idea!

Labour signs: Nope

Symptoms: Quite a few - the first few weeks I had quite a bit of cramping and pulling in my abdomen. A lot more than I think I had with Rosie. Week 7 saw the beginning of the lovely morning sickness, again something I didn't get with Rosie! I just found myself suddenly getting all queasy and then blurgh. I also lost practically all of my appetite which meant that I was sick bile. Not nice at all! This was then joined by a horrible vile taste in my mouth, really acidic and I just couldn't get rid of it. It was made worse by sweet tasting food and although it went by about week 15 I do still get it when I have sugary foods.
Feeling sick all the time is not nice at all and I found my only rescue was travel sickness bands that didnt leave my wrist from week 7 till week 13!
My boobs got a bit sore in the first few weeks but nothing much and I didn't notice them get any bigger until the second trimester when they did get painful and are definitely much fuller.
I think one of my biggest symptoms was my loss of energy - this happened really before I knew I was pregnant. I just felt so sleepy and could easily nap in the afternoon. Most things wiped me out - hard when you have a 2 year old to run after! I couldnt even gather the energy to do simple house work, it actually took me a whole day to clean my bathroom as I had to stop every 10mins or so! Luckily this lifted at about 10 weeks.

Belly button in or out? In!

Wedding rings on or off? I don't actually have one but If I did I would say it would be on.

Happy or moody most of the time: A total mixture. Frustrated at lack of energy and def more emotional than usual.

Looking forward to: feeling some kicks!

Few!

Love Sophie XoX


No comments:

Post a Comment