Sunday 20 January 2013

I love these products.


These little gems have been saving my life recently. Well life might be a bit of an exaggeration but let me explain a little. For the past year I have been suffering from terrible acne which has had a big flare up of late. I want to do a more in depth post on this but in the last few weeks I have really struggled to cover it up and as a result haven't really wanted to venture out in public. Just as I reached my wits end, I discovered these products...

 

Effaclar Duo

This product has been plastered everywhere in the blogosphere at the moment and that is how I stumbled across it. After spending hundreds of £'s on all sorts of lotions and potions I decided I might as well give this ago. I have been using it for about 5 days now and I am definitely seeing results. My horrible acne patches are not as raised and angry looking and my skin just looks a lot calmer and feels smoother. I will give it another week or so any then post some before and after shots. It was around £13 from Boots

 

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion

I have been interested in trying this for a while now and I had just ran out of my current moisturiser. My skin has been so dry and flakey around my acne patches and no amount of moisturiser has been helping, until now. This moisturiser is quite thick and hydrating without being heavy or greasy. It just seems to sink right in and although they haven't totally gone my dry patches are certainly better and as a result my foundation hasn't been caking as much and clinging to the skin. Again this was from boots and was around £9. Which leads me on to my next product....

 

Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Until I discovered this I was using a combination of Mac Face and Body and collection 2000 concealer but it was taking me ages to cover up my acne and I just don't have that sort of time on a daily basis. I had tried to use my Estée Lauder Double Wear but my dry skin was just not having it. It looked horrendous and clung to every bit of dry skin. I decided to give this a go after reading some positive reviews and have not been disappointed. As you can see from the pictures below it covers the acne up no problem. The only thing that is visible is the bumps but hopefully the other two products mentioned above will sort this out! This was around £15 from boots.

 

 

 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in "Airy Fairy

Strictly this product has nothing to so with skin care and hasn't been as much as a "life saver" as the other products but it has been a lovely little treat. It's a lovely nudy pink colour - sort of my real life colour but better. I am wearing it in the after picture above. This lipstick has a lovely creamy consistency and actually does last. The only down side is you can't get it in the UK but on the flip side I managed to get it from Faith cosmetics via Amazon and it was about two or three quid!

So that's it for now guys. I hope this post has been useful and if you have got any other tips or tricks for acne suffers then please share them in a comment below.

Love Sophie XoX

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

 

No comments:

Post a Comment